The Glamis Consultancy Ltd. is owned and managed by Dr. Colin J. Smith.
Colin graduated with a Ph.D. Doctorate in Biological Sciences, from the University of Glasgow in 1986, followed by a Master of Business Administration from the University of Strathclyde Graduate Business School, in 1992.
Since 1986, his career has taken him in some interesting directions, including
- R&D within a major global pharmaceutical company
- Nine years economic development experience in Scottish Enterprise including key roles in major projects in Glasgow and Edinburgh
- Chief Executive Officer of Angus & Dundee Tourist Board for nine years
- Experience in private sector consultancy between 2005 and 2007.
- Director and Principal Consultancy of The Glamis Consultancy since January 2007
The Glamis Consultancy specialises in tourism development, with other economic development projects thrown in for good measure. We have worked in Scotland, England Ireland, Wales and elsewhere in Europe.
The company's depth of experience has been created through Colin's roles in both the public and private sectors, combined with a scientific background and an enthusiastic and innovative approach to projects.
We help you to think outside the box - because generally there is no box!